I am an UK trained and qualified Music Therapist and am currently transferring my qualifications to meet USA requirements to become a Board Certified Music Therapist (MT-BC).
My qualifications and credentials are:
- Music BA (UK; Brunel University; 2009)
- Music Therapy MA (UK; Guildhall School of Music and Drama; 2014)
- The British Association of Music Therapy – BAMT (2012 – current)
- The Health and Care Professions Council: Registered Practitioner – HCPC (2014-2016)
United States of America
- American Association of Music Therapy – AMTA (2016 – current)
- Music Therapy Association of Washington – MTWA (2015 – current)
- Board Certified Music Therapist, MT-BC (Pending 2016)
I specialise in supporting child development, especially under-7s and those with little to no verbal skills. I have experience with children and young people with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Mental Health Diagnosis’.
My training and experience as a professional practitioner include:
- Outreach work to a Special Needs School providing Music Therapy to a small class of six year olds with Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), and Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (SEBD). The six-week programme helped develop self-awareness and social interaction skills, making a significant and self-sustaining difference to behaviours.
- Contractual work to provide Music Therapy to adults with PMLD within their own homes, to offer responsive and interactive environments where non-verbal communication could be facilitated and emotional expression can be supported whilst maintaining an age appropriate therapeutic intervention.
- Music Therapy sessions with under-5s both within Health Services and local community settings. Leading parent and baby/infant groups, and both individual and group sessions. Supporting the developments of social skills, emotional well-being, fine and gross motor skills and speech and language skills.